Frequently Asked Questions
Products are handmade in small batches in Bedfordshire to ensure great attention to detail.
Are all products vegan?
All products and ingredients are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are not tested on animals.
What type of wax is used?
The wax used is a blend of coconut and rapeseed wax, chosen for its sustainability and eco-friendliness compared to other options like soy or paraffin.
What is the wax yellow?
It is to do with the type and strength of fragrance oil. Some oils vary the colour of wax. It does not have any impact whatsoever on the quality of the scent throw or the burn of the candle or wax melt.
Why are there cracks in the candle wax?
Small cracks on the surface of coconut & rapeseed wax candles are a natural feature that occurs as the wax cools and has no impact on the quality of the burn or scent throw.
How can I keep my soap bar from going soft?
Green Gnome Botanical soap bars are crafted sustainably without palm oil or beeswax, which are commonly used in mainstream soap making to produce a harder bar of soap. This aligns with the company's values and ethics to avoid contributing to deforestation and being vegan-friendly.
Here are some tips to keep your soap bar from going soft:
- Use a soap dish with drainage: A soap dish with drainage holes allows water to drain away from the soap, keeping it dry and preventing it from becoming soft.
- Allow soap to dry between uses: Make sure your soap bar is allowed to dry completely between uses. This can be achieved by placing it in a well-ventilated area or using a soap holder that allows for air circulation.
- Store soap in a cool, dry place: Heat and humidity can cause soap to soften and melt. Store your soap in a cool, dry place to prevent this from happening.
- Cut soap into smaller pieces: Consider cutting your soap bar into smaller pieces to reduce the surface area that is exposed to water. This can help prolong the life of your soap.
- Use a soap saver bag: A soap saver bag is a mesh bag that can be used to hold your soap bar. It allows water to drain away from the soap and can be used to create a lather directly on your skin.
Ordering and Delivery
Fragrance oils used for candles and wax melts are of the highest quality and are perfume grade, while Botanical Soap Bars are made with 100% essential oil.
Is wholesale available?
If you are interested in carrying Green Gnome Botanical's products, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it possible to place an order without creating an account?
Creating an account is not required to place an order, but it is recommended for future convenience. Customers can place orders as a guest with no obligation to create an account. However, creating an account allows customers to check their order history and save shopping basket items and payment details for future purchases.
Where is my order confirmation?
After placing an order, an order confirmation is automatically sent to the customer's email address. If the customer does not receive the confirmation within 24 hours, they should check their spam or junk folder before contacting email@example.com
Why has my order been cancelled?
Orders are only cancelled if there's an issue with stock or if the customer requests it. If an order is cancelled due to a problem this end, customers will receive an email explaining the reason and a full refund will be processed as soon as possible.
How do I cancel my order?
If customers wish to cancel an order, they should contact Green Gnome Botanicals immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I change my order?
To modify your order, please send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
When will my order arrive?
Orders are dispatched within 1-3 business days and delivery time is usually quick.
Delivery time-frames do not include dispatch time-frame and parcels may occasionally take longer to arrive once handed over to shipping courier.
If a parcel has not arrived, customers should contact Green Gnome Botanicals at firstname.lastname@example.org after 10 working days from dispatch confirmation. Royal Mail only considers a parcel lost after 10 working days, although it is rare for a parcel to take that long to arrive.
What countries do you ship to?
Shipping is currently only offered to the United Kingdom.
How much is shipping?
The cost is currently £3.65 on all orders but this may vary in the future.
Can I track my order?